Our dentist, Dr. Paul Polyviou, and our team are always interested in meeting talented and dedicated dental professionals to join us at Polyviou Family Dentistry. If you are pursuing a dental career in Lincoln Park, Michigan, we would love the chance to meet you. You can see our latest career opportunities below and we invite you to visit this page on a regular basis to see if we have new positions available. For more information, please contact our office at 313-388-2400.
Examine, diagnose, and treat diseases, injuries, and malformations of the teeth and gums, focusing on treatment of children. Perform examination of the teeth, gums and related tissues, using dental instruments, X-rays or other diagnostic equipment, to evaluate dental health, diagnose diseases or abnormalities, and plan appropriate treatments. Administer anesthetics to limit the amount of pain experienced by patients during procedures. When required, treat diseases of nerve, pulp, and other dental tissues affecting oral hygiene and retention of teeth.
- Requires Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or foreign educational equivalent. Must have valid Dentistry License/Eligibility in the State of Michigan.
- Work location: Lincoln Park, Michigan
Interested candidates should send resume and salary requirements with cover letter including reference code job number to (no phone calls please):
K. Willetts, Polyviou Family Dentistry
3784 Dix Toledo Road
Lincoln Park, MI 48146
Dental Assistant – Full Time
Job Description/Essential Functions:
The Dental Assistant performs those duties which assist the dental director, dentist and hygienists in the care and treatment of patients. Performs duties in the field of reception, chairside assisting, inventory and records.
- Assists the dentist and hygienists in chairside procedures routinely done in a general dental practice.
- Preparation, sterilization and setting up of instruments, materials and equipment.
- Orders and maintains supplies and inventory.
- Accurately records information on patient records.
- Attends to the needs of patients with the utmost patience, care, compassion and understanding.
- Graduation from high school preferred, but not required.
- Maintain current CPR certification.
- Previous experience desired but not required.
Job Description & Essential Functions:
At Polyviou Family Dentistry, our mission is to provide quality dental and personal care to all our patients in a relaxed and comfortable environment in which patients feel welcomed, accepted, secure and confident in the care that they are receiving.
We believe that satisfying all of our patients is our most important goal.
- Assume quality of care for patients with wide spectrums of oral and maxillofacial health problems while adhering to the highest standard of dental practice ethics and professionalism.
- Perform the diagnosis and surgical treatments of diseases, injuries and defects involving both the functional and esthetic aspects of the hard and soft tissues of the head and mouth.
- DDS or DMD
- Certification from the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery required
Pediatric Dentist – Part Time
- Adhere to the dental office’s mission to provide the highest level of continuously improving quality medical, dental and behavioral care, health education and preventive services possible Embrace values of Service to Others:
- Excellent Teamwork
- Do the Right Thing
This job exists to: Provide high quality dental care that is culturally appropriate and prevention focused. Serves as a leader on the dental team contributing to the smooth, efficient, operation of the team, the site and the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides care in the following disciplines of pediatric dental practice: diagnosis, preventative dentistry, operative dentistry, sedation, periodontics, pulpal therapy, oral surgery and orthodontics.
- Expands and maintains rapport with the dental community in the service area (e.g., interacts appropriately with other dental personnel outside of dental office; actively seeks to broaden our referral network).
- Acquires and maintains hospital privileges at the local hospital, if applicable.
- Engages actively with dental provider team in determining clinical guidelines for dental program and complies with established Dental Office Standards of Care.
- Engages as an equal and partnering member of the team to provide top of the skill set care throughout all levels of the team.
- Supports and teaches team members at the office.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of pediatric dental practice, including accepted and evidence-based behavior management and risk-based care practices.
- Ensures optimal access to care through clinical productivity and a willingness to consider and address patient barriers to care.
- Engages effectively with team members outside of dental and supports overall integration of dental office systems, particularly between medical and dental clinical teams.
- Provides Human Resources staff the needed documentation, paperwork and signatures to complete credentialing and privileging (initial and biannual).
- Is respectful and responsive to staff and patients (is approachable by other staff, demonstrates good teamwork by offering and receiving feedback appropriately).
- Handles ongoing daily clinical work in a timely and thorough manner.
- Exhibits positive leadership skills, actively striving to improve the patient and staff experience of the dental office, as well as strong communication skills, including but not limited to motivational interviewing.
- Collaborates well with teammates, both on a clinical level (e.g., seeks/provides guidance and feedback to supervised/supervising clinician) as well as on a managerial and administrative level (e.g., follows dental office’s procedures around requesting/taking time off).
- Effective use of the electronic dental and health records (EDR, EHR), registries and templates.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains a safe work environment by remaining informed of and compliant with the dental office’s safety policies, and in particular by application of safe practices in area of own responsibility.
- Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility. Responsible for reporting any potentially noncompliant conduct.
- Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan
- Leadership and modeling of the dental office’s values.
Requirements: Education & Experience
- DDS/DMD degree from an accredited university
- Active state dental board license
- Certificate from an accredited pediatric residency program
- Current oral conscious sedation certificate
- Current malpractice insurance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to diagnose and treat dental and oral disease.
- Working knowledge of the principles, standard practices, methods and techniques of dentistry.
- Knowledge of preventative dentistry, risk-based care and educational/communication methodologies utilized in prevention.
- Skill in oral operative techniques and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and staff.
- Ability to work in a team-based care environment required.
- Understanding and application of practices and principles of quality improvement (QI) preferred.
We are looking for a Dental Hygienist to help treat patients and promote good oral health practices. As a Dental Hygienist, you should be reliable and able to build trust with patients of all ages. You should have deep knowledge of relevant health and safety rules and a good eye for oral diseases and anomalies. If you have a steady hand and great bedside manner, we’d like to meet you.
- Ensure patients feel as comfortable as possible before their examination
- Sterilize dental instruments properly
- Conduct initial mouth screenings and check oral health history
- Identify conditions like gingivitis, caries or periodontitis
- Clean and help protect patients’ teeth (e.g. remove plaque or apply fluoride)
- Educate patients of all ages on proper teeth care (by demonstrating, for example, good brushing techniques)
- Give instructions to patients after operations or other dental procedures
- Take X-rays or dental impressions
- Assist dentists with selecting appropriate treatments for various diseases (including oral cancer)
- Maintain documentation and charts on each patient
- Monitor supplies
- Proven experience as Dental Hygienist or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA)
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment
- Outstanding communication skills
- A patient and friendly personality
- Attention to detail
- Stamina to meet the physical demands of the job
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene; Master’s is a plus
- Valid license to practice
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29.00 – $35.00 per hour
Mon – Thurs 8-5pm
- We comply with OSHA and CDC guidelines. The health and safety of our employees and patients is a top priority.
- Registered Dental Hygienist (Preferred)